Friday, April 1, 2011

7 Months

I said to Adam this morning that Ray must be having a big party because he hadn't sent any reminders that he was here. I had a really tough morning. Mentally I am shot. I was helping one of the other nurses by bring her new patient back for her. The patient had a family member that looked familiar. We got to talking and I asked the family member where she worked. She said she was an OB nurse at the hospital. I started to tell her how I was there 7 months ago and had a little boy named Ray. She said, "You're Erin.". I said yup. She said her name was Kristen. She was the nurse that was with us the day Ray died. She was the nurse who cut his hair, made the 3d molds of his hand and foot, helped position him for his pictures, and held us while we cried. What a big gift Ray gave me today. Even as I write this I am crying. I gave her such a big hug. I told her that there are no words for how much she means to us. She gave us all she had on the worst day of our lives. She is an Angel in my book. What an amazing way to remember my Ray on his 7 month birthday.

We also received Ray's life insurance today. Ironic how 7 months from the day he was born we got the last piece we were waiting on for his death.

Ray, we miss you so much. Happy 7 Month Birthday. Mommy and Daddy love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment